Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The only thing worse than a bee in your bonnet is a bee in your wetsuit

After Tayrona I decided to spend a few more days in Taganga before moving on. It was tough to muster the motivation to leave the hotel's inviting hammock patio, and I'd met a fun group of travelers in there.

When I returned to Taganga, I met Monique, an Aussie traveler who was also PADI certified and interested in checking out the diving in Taganga. We did a couple of fun dives with one of the local dive operators. The dives themselves were nice and he visibility was good (I saw seahorses for the first time!), but the water was 21-22 degrees Celsius (which for those of you who work in Fahrenheit, equates to DAMN cold). By the end of the second dive, I was ready to swear off non-tropical dive excursions for the rest of my life.

I also had a little altercation with a bee who found his way into my wetsuit during our surface interval. Not fun. Luckily, the little addition to my dive gear was a harmless little sweat bee and not a wasp or yellow jacket.

From Colombia 2009

Taganga from inside a taxi


From Colombia 2009

Sunday at the beach


From Colombia 2009

Chris and Alex, a super-cool Canadian couple I met at Casa de Felipe


From Colombia 2009

My dive partner, Monique


From Colombia 2009

Working on my tan


From Colombia 2009

Sunset over Taganga


From Colombia 2009

The patio


From Colombia 2009

The greatest idea ever, you get to hang out with your friends and never have to get out of the hammock!


From Colombia 2009

See what I mean about hard to leave?


From Colombia 2009

More Casa de Felipe


From Colombia 2009

Monique, enjoying a post-dive beverage

1 comment:

ulrika said...

Julia, I'm super super jealous and wish I could be hanging out in a hammock!! Send some of that sunshine our way. :)